Enrolling at the Universities

Before you start studying, you should go to the campus and enroll at the "Studierendensekretariat" (student registry office). The regulations of the Hochschule and the University Koblenz-Landau differ from one another, so you are advised to check online for which documents you will need to bring along with you. Generally you should take:

Student Registry Office at the University
Studierendensekretariat Universität
56068 Koblenz
Room no. 28/29
Email: studko@uni-koblenz-landau.de
Office hours: Tu 10am–12am; We 10am–12am and 2pm–4pm; Th 2pm–4pm
Phone consultation hours: Mo 9–11am; Tu 2pm–4pm; Th. 9–11am

Student Registry Office at the University of Applied Sciences

Studierendensekretariat Hochschule
Konrad-Zuse-Straße 1
56075 Koblenz
Rooms A 017 – A 022
Phone: +49 (0)261/9528-500
 Email: studverw@hs-koblenz.de
Office hours: Mo–Fr 9am–12am; Mo, Tu, Th 1pm–3.30pm

Once you are enrolled at your university, you will receive your "Studierendenausweis" (student identity card) which also serves as a card for eating at the canteen ("Mensakarte"), your library card and a semester bus ticket. It also gets you student discounts at several places like movies, theatres, concerts etc. By this point, most of your preparations for your studies are done. You only need to get yourself computer identification ("Rechnerkennung").

Your computer identification will be given to you at the computer centre (Rechenzentrum) of your university. This computer identification allows you to use the computers and the printers as well as to surf the internet.

Before using  your card in the canteen (Mensa), you need to load money on it at one of the machines. Information about the opening hours and menus of the mensa can be found on the notice board inside the mensa or on the site of the Studierendenwerk.

A meal in the mensa usually costs 2.20 €. This does not include any drinks. There are always two available menus, one of them being vegetarian. In addition to the mensa, each university has a cafeteria where you can have a snack or a drink. Unlike the mensa, it is opened most of the day.