Bank Account

In order to be able to transfer the student social contribution (Sozialbeitrag) when enrolling at the university, as well as to transfer your rent, it is necessary to open a bank account. At the bank you will be asked for:

  • valid passport
  • proof of your student status (Studienbescheinigung)

There are lots of banks in Koblenz. At your bank you will be given an account number (Kontonummer) and the bank identification code (Bankleitzahl).

Important: In case you are expecting money to be transferred from abroad, you should also ask for the international bank code.