International Office HS

The International Offices offer services for students and teachers:

  • Consulting for students who would like to spend their practical semester or year abroad. The respective coordinator for international issues also provides the different departments with informationen about the EU-ERASMUS program.
  • Support of foreign students. There is an orientation event called "who is who" where important people are introduced to the students. Here, the students can find out about the possibilities of tutoring and about a variety of excursions that will take place during the semesters and for which the students can register. Most of the excursions require a small attendance fee which needs to be payed when registering.
  • Exchange students will be assigned to student helpers who shall guide them during the beginning of their stay. The AAA also offers free German language courses and helps in finding accomodation.
  • Informational events e.g. about studying or work experience overseas (possibilities, costs, etc.) or information evenings about particular countries and partner universities are also organised.
  • Support of the departments and the professors in initiating contact to overseas partner universities. It also assists with the cultivation of contacts and provides information about the possibilities to finance the international cooperation.

To students in higher semesters, the International Office offers the following scholarships for financial support:


(Application deadline: 30th of April / 30th of October)
The Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) offers a scholarship for graduates (Studienabschlussstipendium).
You need to have completed your graduation successfully in not more than one years time. Good grades and the proof of needed financial support are also required.
Please ask the international office for the application form:
Required documents:

  • Completed application form
  • List of your grades up until now including your average grade
  • that the necessity of financial support is given
  • Report of a professor (only necessary in case you are granted the scholarship - can be handed in on addional demand)